SilVet™ is a patented wound management solution, combining a low concentration of silver ions, menthol and glycerol plus a surfactant, dissolved in a hypertonic solution. Silvet™'s innovative synergetic formulation ensures effective anti-bacterial activity. The high concentration of the hygroscopic glycerol prevents maceration. Silvet™ effectively cleans, moisturizes and soothes even hard-to-treat wounds. The specialized synergistic combination of silver ions and menthol reduces the concentration level of the silver ions - to well below the cytotoxic threshold.
- Rapid wound healing
- Efficient wound irrigation solution
- Kills bacteria & bio-burden
- Destroys biofilm
- Contains effective preservatives
- Stimulates granulation tissue growth
- Non-toxic, non-cytotoxic & non-staining
- Prevents maceration
- Hydrogel properties: absorbs & reduces exudate; keeps the wound moist for longer periods
- Reduces pain
- Eliminates bad odor
SilVet™ effectiveness has been tested by Nelson Labs – USA for the following characteristics:
- USP 51 Antimicrobial Preservative Effectiveness Test
- USP 61 Microbial Limits
- USP 81 Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test – Zone of Inhibition
MIC & MBC
SilVet™ Anti-Biofilm effectiveness has been tested by Montana CBE – USA
SilVet™ is an efficient wound irrigation, cleansing and management solution, due to the synergy between its unique ingredients. Silvet™ effectively kills contamination bacteria including biofilm, yeast and fungi. SilVet™ is very safe and can be used to treat all kinds of wounds.
SilVet™ is available in 500, 250 and 100 mL plastic bottles.